This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best trailer brake controllers . We would recommend using CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional, Black PLastic, 9 x 9 x 3 inches, BLACK PLASTIC as it is our top pick for you
Top 9 best trailer brake controllers review:
CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional, Black PLastic, 9 x 9 x 3 inches, BLACK PLASTIC
1 used from $224.99
- PORTABLE. The Echo trailer brake controller has a non-invasive install and is easily transferrable from one vehicle to another. It plugs into any 7-way connector, wirelessly links to your smartphone using Bluetooth
- SMARTPHONE-READY. The Echo brake controller wirelessly syncs with your Apple or Android phone, turning it into a brake controller interface with the Smart Control app (Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when vehicle is stationary). Note: If Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings
- ZERO-TOOL INSTALL. Installing this trailer brake controller is as easy as plugging in a 7-way trailer wiring connector. It requires no tools, no extra wires and no hardware. A locking tab and strap keep it firmly connected. NOTE: Strap stored inside cap
- HIGHLY RESPONSIVE. Echo uses a triple-axis accelerometer to provide smooth, safe braking. It maintains responsive braking, even when your phone screen is locked, receives incoming calls or if the Bluetooth connection is lost
- VERSATILE. This electronic trailer brake controller easily transfers between vehicles and trailers and works on virtually any trailer with 1 to 2 axles (2 to 4 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems
Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control
3 used from $60.70
- Utilizes Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters
- Self-diagnostics features will illuminate LED readout when issues occur
- Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Works proportionally in reverse
- Snap-in dash mounting clip and hardware included
Reese Towpower 8508211 Brake Control (Proportional BRAKE-EVN)
8 used from $35.90
- 1-4 Axle capacity
- Boost feature gives ability to apply more initial trailer braking
- Reverse battery protection
- No leveling required. Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Diagnostics features incorporated in easy to read LED display
REESE Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control, Small Compact Design
4 used from $32.01
- INSTALLS QUICKLY: This 100% solid-state electronic with a small compact design mounts in any direction, no leveling required. Pre-wired plug-and-play feature allows for quick and easy connection to 2-, 4-, 6- and 8- brake systems.
- ADJUSTS EASILY: Two separate easy push-button adjustment controls (output and sync) allow for not only different trailer weights (output) but also the speed of activation (sync) depending on your driving style.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Bright and prominent digital display clearly indicates the output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection.
Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control , silver
3 used from $118.06
- A distinct, easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options, displays in English, French or Spanish
- Diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage and warning system alerts to No Trailer Brake situations
- Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking, select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode
- Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters and Snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use
CURT 51170 Spectrum Original Equipment Style, Integrated Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Proportional
- Fit Type: Universal Fit
- Knob outside diameter is 1.9 inch
CURT 51110 Venturer Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Time-Delay, Black
2 used from $23.61
- RELIABLE SAFETY. The Venturer electric trailer brake controller offers safe, dependable operation, increasing trailer brake pressure as you depress the vehicle brake pedal and bringing the vehicle and trailer to a smooth stop
- EASY TO USE. This trailer brake controller features an easy-to-read, ramp-up LED display to monitor brake operation. It also has a simple, reliable design with no internal moving parts and no leveling required
- POWERFUL. The simple controls of the Venturer brake controller enable powerful brake operation, featuring a manual brake slider button, an adjustable power toggle and adjustable ramp time
- VERSATILE. You can use this electric trailer brake controller on virtually any trailer with 1 to 3 axles (2 to 6 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems
- SIMPLE SETUP. This electric brake controller quickly plugs into your vehicle using a CURT vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately). It comes with an adjustable mounting bracket and can be mounted at any angle
Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty Electric Brake Controller
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller
The best trailer brake controllers brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the trailer brake controllers from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the trailer brake controllers I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
Best trailer brake controllers – Buyer’s Guide 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a trailer brake controllers. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a trailer brake controllers. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your trailer brake controllers and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most trailer brake controllerss fall within the price range of $ 203.41 to $ 36.41. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional, Black PLastic, 9 x 9 x 3 inches, BLACK PLASTIC.
If you want something medium range, choose REESE Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control, Small Compact Design. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the CURT 51110 Venturer Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Time-Delay, Black
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the trailer brake controllers you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is CURT 51110 Venturer Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Time-Delay, Black
3. The brand
Buying the trailer brake controllers from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your trailer brake controllers to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a trailer brake controllers from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best trailer brake controllers?
The best trailer brake controllers is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional, Black PLastic, 9 x 9 x 3 inches, BLACK PLASTIC
Are there any good deals on trailer brake controllers?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best trailer brake controllers and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest trailer brake controllers?
Although most of the cheaper trailer brake controllers do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on CURT 51110 Venturer Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Time-Delay, Black
Where can I buy the trailer brake controllers?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best trailer brake controllers
We hope you liked the trailer brake controllerss that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,